Monday, September 7, 2009

Getting Ready for Baby Jones

Lately we have been busy preparing for Baby Jones. It's really been tiring but a lot of fun. A couple Mondays ago, we had our hospital tour to learn about the hospital and probably most importantly where Clay needs to drive me and where to check in. It was really helpful to get a feel for the rooms and what to expect during our stay. We even got to see some of the babies in the nursery :)

The following Saturday, we took a childbirthing class which took up a good part of the day and then afterward we worked on transforming the guest room into the nursery. We had to clean out the closet and the room to make room for all of Baby Jones' stuff. It was good to get it cleaned out but by the end of the night I was completely exhausted. I couldn't wait to prop my feet up and go to bed. That was the first time that I really felt like my feet were swollen. Up until this point I had not experienced any swelling and have been very thankful about that.

Then on Sunday afternoon our friends Ken and Stephanie came to help with the set up of the nursery. We really needed Ken's strength to help Clay move the furniture around and pick up the crib from the store since I'm not allowed to lift anything heavy right now. So, the boys did all of the heavy lifting and Stephanie and I had fun organizing the closet and dresser with all of the cute baby clothes and necessities. Clay and Ken finally got the crib put together (it didn't really take as long as I thought it would) and we got to put the bedding on the crib.

Although we're not finished yet, the nursery looks so nice and is starting to feel like the nursery and not just 'the room that will become the nursery'! I feel much better about this since I was starting to panic not having anything done. I know it will all come together and I don't have anything to worry about but I can't help but worry a little. The progress that weekend has definately allowed me to cut back on my worrying - at least about setting up the nursery.

Thanks Ken and Stephanie! We could not have gotten so much done without you. You are great, great friends :)

2 comments:

  1. Looks great Jen! You are so prepared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nursery looks wonderful, cannot wait to see the little baby Jones in it!

    ReplyDelete